Saturday 20 July 2013

Tawa Pulao

Tawa Pulao, i suppose is a popular street food in Mumbai.I remember watching Sanjeev Kapoor's video long back where he was saying that it is sad that pulaos are being made this way.But moving with time he had also shown the tawa pulao recipe on his programme. I did not refer to the recipe and so this is my version of a tawa pulao(if you can call it that ).

This tawa pulao recipe is for those days when you do not want to spend a long time in the kitchen but yet you want to have a tasty dish which is attractive and delicious.And this recipe may make another person think that you toiled in the kitchen for a long time;)
Also i decided to post this recipe cos recently i got a big boost  ..i had almost thought that i am going to scrap my blog as i was not able to find time to improve my photography skills or cook elaborately.For that matter i mostly click the pics in a bit of a hurry so i hardly get time to use props .. also i am still building up my collection..But then my relative visited us and a topic about my blog came up and she complimented me for the blog. She liked my writing and her daughter said that she keeps checking out the blog.Aruna aunty and Anju .. a bigggg thank you to you both.. U made my day and gave me that timely encouragement  to keep this going ... a big boost...:) ..so now going to the recipe.

Ingredients:

Cooked rice- 1 cup( i used jasmine rice.This is a product of Thailand.Our good old basmati rice is good enough)
Boiled peas- 3/4th cup
1 medium sized carrot boiled and cut into cubes.
1 small tomato chopped
pomegranate seeds-2-3 tbspn(depending on personal preference)
Desi ghee(clarified butter)- 4 tbspn
Cumin seeds-1tspn
Pav bhaji masala 2 tbsp
Arabic spice masala- 1tspn(one can use garam masala)
Salt as required
Cashew and raisins for garnish
Fresh Coriander leaves,again for garnish.


How i made it?

Heat 2 tablespoons ghee in a heavy bottomed pan.Add the cumin and let it splutter.Now add the tomato,followed by the spice powders and salt and mix well.
Now add in the boiled vegetables.
Toss in the pomegranate seeds.
Once the veggies have taken in the flavour of the spices add in the rice and mix well.
Add chopped coriander leaves to this and lower the heat , close the lid and cook for 5 minutes.
Garnish with cashew and raisins sauteed in  desi ghee.
Serve hot with raita of your choice.

Note:You can use potatoes, cauliflower , broccoli etc also  in this pulao.Spice levels may also be adjusted according to  your preference.

Tawa pulao
Tawa Pulao

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking time to read the post.Hope it has been useful to you.Do let me know by leaving a comment below.It will take only a few seconds to leave a comment but the happiness and encouragement it will give me will last long!Thank you.
Cheers,
Renu