Wednesday 24 July 2013

7 Cups- an easy and quick indian sweet

7 cups in a cup
7 cups-An unusual name for a sweet!!! The credit for the name goes to the quantity of ingredients.
7 cups is  sweet made in gram flour with a very  good coconutty flavour to it.Easy and fast to make.This is a sweet which looks very similar to mysore pak but is simpler to make.My husband's  favourite.I have to make it everytime he is  on vacation and so this is one of my masterpieces;).
Thanks to my valiamma( aunty) , i have this simple and very tasty recipe in my collection.



7 cups- besan and coconut based sweet 

Ingredients
Besan - 1 cup
Milk - 1 cup
Fresh coconut (grated) - 1 cup
Ghee - 1 cup
Sugar - 3 cups

Crushed cardoamom- 3-4



(That’s a total of 7 cups, from where the sweet gets its name!!)






Method
  • Mix all the ingredients and put it on heat in  a big saucepan(non stick preferred).
  • Keep stirring till the mixture starts leaving the side.
  • Switch off gas,add the crushed caradamom and pour it into a plate or flat tray greased with ghee. 
  • Let it cool.It will harden. Your sweet is ready. Cut it into small pieces and serve.
Tip: We can check the mixture to know whether it is ready.Take a very small part of it in  a spoon and blow on it.If  it thickens then it is ready.
Do not leave the mixture unstirred.In no time it sticks to the pan.Those brown flakes will not look good if you scrape it!!

Note: Measure all ingredients in same sized cups The quantity of sugar maybe adjusted according to your preference.I use only 2.5 cups of sugar.


I have used black cardamom also in place of green and it gives a different flavour.



No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking time to read the post.Hope it has been useful to you.Do let me know by leaving a comment below.It will take only a few seconds to leave a comment but the happiness and encouragement it will give me will last long!Thank you.
Cheers,
Renu